Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Savannah would be happy to spend the summer in her coastal Carolina town working at the library and lying in a hammock reading her beloved romance novels. But then she meets Jackson. Once they lock eyes, she’s convinced he’s the one—her true love, her soul mate, a boy different from all the rest. And at first it looks like Savannah is right. Jackson abides by her mama’s strict rules, and stays by her side during a hospitalization for severe asthma, which Savannah becomes convinced is only improving because Jackson is there. But when he’s called away to help his family—and seems uncertain about returning—Savannah has to learn to breathe on her own, both literally and figuratively.
Monday, December 28, 2009
26. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
27. Dramacon, Volume 1 by Svetlana Chmakova
28. Dramacon, Volume 2 by Svetlana Chmakova
29. Dramacon, Volume 3 by Svetlana Chmakova
30. Psych Major Syndrome by Alicia Thompson
31. Memoirs of an Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
32. The Crucible by Arthur Miller
33. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
34. Fat Cat by Robin Brande
35. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
36. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
37. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
38. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
39. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
40. It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
41. Shug by Jenny Han
42. I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan
- It will run from August 1, 2009 to August 1, 2010
- You may sign up at any point in this time period
- To complete the challenge, you must read THREE books from one series, FOUR books from another series, and FIVE books from another series (For example: Song of Fire and Ice trilogy by George RR Martin, the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, and five of the Chronicles of Narnia books)
- You do not have to choose your books ahead of time (but are more than welcome to)
- You do not have to 'complete' a series (i.e. you don't have to read a trilogy for your three book requirement - just 3 books from the same series)
- Only books that you read between August 1, 2009 and August 1, 2010 count
- The books you read may count for other challenges
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Can't wait to see everyones IMM!
Friday, December 25, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
For Trevor Musgrove, life isn't always bright and cheerful. His family just moved to Hedley Gardens, a tough housing project its residents call "Deadly Gardens." He goes to school with rich kids who have everything, while he has to work to afford soccer cleats. It doesn't help that the best athlete in school, Xander Pierce, happens to have it out for him. Mistakenly enrolled in an advanced science class taught by an odd but engaging teacher, Trevor is thrown headfirst into the world of natural science. Through all this, he will learn that life can spring up in the darkest places-- maybe even in Deadly Gardens.
"Robert Montasio did not think his day could get any worse until his sister drinks a bizarre soda that causes her to start shrinking. Robert's only hope is a mysterious organization known as the Secret Cheese Syndicate. Unfortunately, they cannot help without a special cheese that has been lost for years. Now, with a tiny little sister in his pocket, Robert has to travel the world to find the Mystic Cheese of Eliki and, perhaps, discover secrets from his family's past."
I won this from 2k10 giveaway! Thank you. C:
Friday, December 18, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything."
Thank you so much, Staysi!!! Have been waiting so long to read this book!
The Maximum Ride books.
I got the last 2 sets of books for hosting a contest for them! Thank you!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Pranks, fights, misunderstandings, and reconciliations ensue in an almost Shakespearean comedy of errors about mistaken first impressions, convoluted coupling, and hidden crushes."
Why I want it: I really like the summary of this book! I would love to read something like this and I've seen great reviews for it!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
- I REALLY loved the fact that Jessica was a cross-country/track runner during high school. I pretty much am obsessed with XC and I loved reading about a character who has the same interests as me. Well, actually, Jessica wasn't a fan of running, as it was her father who pushed her into it....but oh well.
- I liked how she's always been a writer/journalist. I think that's pretty rad. That's another one of my interests.
- There were a lot of good quotes in this series. I liked the You. Yes. You and all of that.
- I liked how all the titles of the books were explained. Especially, Sloppy Firsts and Fourth Comings.
- I liked how Jessica's best friend, Hope, remained throughout the series. I was actually kind of surprised, because after she moved in the first book, I just figured they would only just email each other and see each other occasionally. I'm glad they actually remained close.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
- Emily: Read 5 books from at least two different categories.
- Lorelai: Read 10 books from at least three different categories.
- Rory: Read 20 books from at least four different categories.
Thursday, December 3, 2009