Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BBAW Interview with Fall In Love With Books

The awesome Book Blogger Appreciation Week is going on right now and like last year, I signed up to do the BBAW interview swap. I was paired up with a wonderful book blogger.  I have Kimm from Fall In Love With Books. You should all go visit her wonderful blog! 

What is your favorite classic novel?
I'm flightly about this...favorites change depending on my mood.  At this moment: The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. This book gives me chills!

Who is a character from a book that you admire?
Anne from Jane Austen's Persuasion. She's a woman who learns her own mind in the end and doesn't cave in to pressure. I think we are all searching for a little strength in our lives. She gives me inspiration.

Do you prefer stand alone books or book series?
I don't have a preference either way, although I just finished a series by Richelle Mead and am sitting here having an anxiety attack because the final book isn't going to be released until next year!

What is your favorite zoo animal?
I love Beluga whales the most. There is a zoo in Washington that has an underground viewing room to see their Beluga's. They come right up to you and stare into your eyes. It's a surreal experience! I   Penguins are almost tied, just because they crack me up with their antics. Oh, I cannot forget one that's really unusual to me:  an Okapi.  So hard to explain that one!

Where is one place you would like to travel to?
Top on my wishlist is to take a cruise in the Mediterranean that will allow me to go to Turkey & Egypt. Seeing the Pyramids is a must!

What is your favorite place to read at?
I like to read in bed for the most part. There's something relaxing about getting bundled under the covers and losing myself in a great story.

Do you prefer Borders or Barnes & Noble? 
I only have a little Borders store where I live (which is still called Waldenbooks for some reason)...so going to Barnes & Noble is a big treat for me. I guess that makes B&N my favorite. I'll probably break down and buy one of their Nooks before the year is over.  :-)

What is your favorite historical fiction book?
For all time: Not sure. For this year:  Romancing Miss Bronte by Juliet Gael or The Last Queen by CW Gortner.  Both books are phenomenal!

Do you dog ear or use a bookmark?
Bookmarks only!!  Cannot even contemplate mutilating my books!!

What is your favorite color?
Green...like an emerald

What is a subject you do a lot about?
As in read a lot?  I read a lot of historical romances. I always fall back on them when I'm not sure what to read next. I love Regency Romances.
[Sorry! I butchered this question.]

How many books are in your 'to be read' pile right now?
Oooh....I'm going to say, 50 or 60?  I lose track and unfortunately don't have them catalogued anywhere.  I just know it won't stop growing as long as I keep buying books!!

What is the last young adult book you read?
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.  LOVED IT!!!

Stephen King or Nicholas Sparks?
I haven't read Sparks at all and the only King book I've read is The Stand. But, I guess I do like Sparks' movies better than Kings.

Okay, most importantly, snicker-doodle cookies or peanut butter cookies?
Yes, this is extremely important. lol  Sugar Cookies still rule!!! I guess Snicker-doodles are close to that.


I want to go to Turkey and Egypt, too and emerald green is one of my favorite colors. And YUM! Sugar cookies are just awesome! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!


3 comments:

Cecelia said...

Fantastic interview!

I too am a huge fan of Jane Austen's Persuasion, and I recently read a book that reminded me of it (in the best way possible) - Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal. I recommend that with positive crazy fanaticism. *grin*

Serena said...

Love that Anne from Persuasion is her inspiration!

The Last Queen by CW Gortner is fantastic; she must read Confessions of Catherine de Medici by Gortner as well. Awesome!

Oregon Kimm said...

Thank you so much for the post! I've been out of town since I put up my interview and haven't had internet acces--thus, haven't been able to comment on anything.

So great to get to meet you this way!

celi.a: I'll keep an eye out for the book!

Serena: Confessions of Catherine de Medici is definitely on my must read list. I just haven't had a chance to tackle it yet.

Again, thanks so much guys!

Search & Win