Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA 2012: Introduction

Design Credit: Emily of Emily's Reading Room

Hello, everyone! As much as I wish I could be in New York City right now for the BEA Conference, I absolutely did not have the money to get up there but luckily there is this wonderful cyber event that is Armchair BEA for those of us who couldn't make it to NYC this year. For today, I will be answering some questions that Armchair BEA posted up. 


Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
My name is Bianca and I'm an 18 year old, soon to be college student! whoo!! I have been blogging for several years but only the last three have I been blogging about books and I simply got into blogging because I have always enjoyed writing and I really like the internet, and I couldn't think of a better way to combine the two.

What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
Regrettably, I have not read as many books as I would've like but I got an ARC of Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits and loved it! Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally was great, too! Oh, and of course, John Green's The Fault in our Stars!!!!

Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I will most likely be majoring in a few different things in college. Thankfully, they're all relatively similar. English Education/Elementary Education/Magazine Writing or Magazine Editing. Although, I thought about the last one, I never considered majoring in that but then I got into the nation's best journalism school and figured why not. 

What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
It is so sad to admit it but I have not blogged regularly in such a long while to have anything super specific to my blog. I have some great features in my head that I'm going to get to one of these days! 

Where do you see your blog in five years?
Doing wonderfully! A hell of a lot better than it is doing now. 

Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
I really loved my post I wrote after I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I

If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
J.K. Rowling, hands down. Oh my goodness. If I had the chance to eat dinner with her, my life would be complete! 

What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
London, so I could visit all those great Harry Potter attractions! Also, I'm not entirely sure if this would be considered literary but the annex that Anne Frank and her family hid out at in Amsterdam. After I read The Diary of Anne Frank in middle school, the annex has always intrigued me. 

What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
I love being able to talk to other book lovers,  staying up to date on books, talking with authors. I think one thing I'd like to see change is the drama that book bloggers seem to have. I don't get it. 

Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
Oh, most definitely! It used to be I could read almost anything and like it but since I started blogging and becoming analytical about what I read, I usually do not enjoy "fluff" and sappy, romance books like I used to. 

8 comments:

Deborah Julene said...

I love your blog and your answers! I got the visit the annex where Anne Frank hid, and I'm really wishing I'd paid more attention while I was there,because I can hardly remember it at all )= If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend it. Hope you have fun during Armchair BEA!

Debz @ Debz Bookshelf

bibliojunkies said...

Hi Bianca! Congrats on starting college in the fall! Your choice in majors sounds like a lot of fun!

I visited London about 6 years ago and it was the greatest trip of my life. If it were possibly to relocate my family there, we would do it in a second!

Nat

http://bibliojunkies.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-has-begun.html

Sarah said...

Hi Bianca! YAY for college, and I totally agree that dinner with Rowling would be amazing. I can't wait to read her adult book!

Happy ABEA!

The Brunette Librarian said...

J.K. Rowling would be amazing for dinner :) Good luck with college! It was so nice to meet you :) Armchair BEA @ the Brunette Librarian

VikLit said...

Stopping by from Armchair BEA - interesting answers + as a Londoner I say yes, it's a great place ;) Visit it! :)

Val said...

WOW - I'm impressed by everything you are gonna major in! Good luck with school and blogging. (Teacher here)

Thanks for participating!

Here's my intro

Valerie
StuckInBooks

Archaznable said...

Your answers are straight to the point and really awesome to read keep it up ... Blogging Profits Unleashed

admin blog said...

Thank You

Welcome : http://better-book.blogspot.com

Search & Win