Saturday, December 5, 2009

Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge

There's this really awesome contest that I just had to join! It's the Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge. I watch the show whenever I can, I haven't seen all the episodes or anything, but I definitely enjoy it. Here is some info on this challenge:
There are three levels of participation:
  • Emily: Read 5 books from at least two different categories.
  • Lorelai: Read 10 books from at least three different categories.
  • Rory: Read 20 books from at least four different categories.
Right now, I'm going to stick with the Lorelai level. Here are some of my choices:
Classics
The Sonnets by William Shakespeare
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Children/Young Adult
The Outsiders by S.E. Hilton
Freaky Friday by Mary Rodgers
Stuart Little E.B. White
Modern Classics
The Crucible by Arthur Miller
1984 by George Orwell
Nonfiction
On The Road by Jack Kerouac
Other
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides
High Fidelity by Nick Hornsby
Girl, Interrupted by Susan Kaysen
Letter's to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
Sophie's Choice by William Styron
*To sign up go HERE

No comments:

Search & Win