(I wrote this on Thursday night, the night of the midnight premiere for Deathly Hallows but I guess I forgot to post it, so please excuse the confusing comments about "tonight"...) In honor of the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 movie I decided to write a little blog post, and yes, I most definitely have a ticket and will be seeing it with some friends even though I know that tomorrow I have to go to school because I have to go to swim practice and lemme tell you something, swimming in the pool when you've only got 3 hours of sleep is never good. But since I have seasonal insomnia and its pretty much the usual for me, I guess it won't be too bad.
The Harry Potter series is incredibly hard to put into words. I can not even express how excited I am for tonight's midnight premiere!!! All week has been Harry Potter week for me. I've worn the T-shirts, wrote several status' on facebook about how I can't wait for Deathly Hallows part 1, bursted out into "I love Harry Potter" in my terrible singing voice many times, etc.
I'm a little uncertain on where I rank Deathly Hallows. It's definitely at least my 2nd favorite Harry Potter book but I think it may be tied with Half-Blood Prince for 1st. Although, I didn't get to finish rereading Deathly Hallows before I see the movie, I've been thinking back to the summer of 2007. The summer the final book was release.
Summer 2007 was the summer after 7th grade (and what a terrible year that was) and before 8th grade. I was 13 years old and it was when I really became addicted to the internet and I joined a bunch of forums that year. I became quite obsessed with Harry Potter fanfiction and mugglenet.com and I just breathed Harry Potter. I remember checking mugglenet.com, not once, but 2, 3, 10 times a day. I mean, I was OBSESSED. It would drive my mother crazy how I would stay up on the computer until 5 or 6 in the morning just reading all I could about Harry Potter after I had reread books 1-6 and was anxiously anticipating the release of Deathly Hallows.
I can still remember how one morning in July, I'm thinking it was between 10-15th, it had been one of those nights where I stayed up until 6 am. My mom had gone to McDonalds to get me a sausage mcgriddle (first time I'd ever had one of those) and I remember this morning because my mom had to go to the hospital for something and I offered to go with her. When we got back home, the computer had caught a virus or something due to my older sister and it just completely shut down. I was devastated. I mean how else was I supposed to keep up with my daily news feeds for Deathly Hallow things. But as the days passed, I figured it was for the best because I didn't want to read any spoilers or anything but I actually ended up reading the first page of Deathly Hallows before it was release but we all thought it was just some person doing it. DOES ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER THAT HAPPENING?
Anyway, July 21, 2007 is still one of my favorite days ever. Although, my parents do not understand my love for books or anything they took me to the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It was so freakin' amazing! I got a keychain, some fake glasses, and a lot of other HP things. I met some fellow HP lovers and so many other things. I got my book at 12:16 am and quickly put a Harry Potter bookplate in the front as well as things like, "I TRUST SNAPE," because I just knew he was good. And of course, I cried.
Since, I posted this late and saw the movie on midnight I will tell you guys what I thought about it. If you haven't seen the movie don't read.
- RON IS SUPER ADORABLE. Holy cow. I'm not exactly a R/Hr shipper but, man, every time Ron looked at Hermione that face he made was just pure awesome.
- The animation scene!!! I already love The Tale of Three Brothers but that scene just made it 10x more awesome. I told my artistic friends that even if they aren't into HP that much they should go see it because of this scene and that they would love it.
- Bathilda Bagshot. o.0 OMG. Can you say creepy? I'm not even going to lie, I jumped out of my seat more than once and screamed.
- Hermione in Malfoy Manor. Oh goodness. SOOOOO FREAKIN' INTENSE. Teary eyes.
- DOBBY. Gahhhh. :(
- Fred and George! God, I love them.
- The short scene with Neville was great! Of course, I wished we got to see more of him and the others.
- The scenes with the Malfoy's and other death eaters were fantastic. I wished more emphasis had been placed on Draco, espically when Hermione was being tortured.
- The ending with Voldemort getting the Elder Wand out of Dumbledore's tomb. WOW. WOW. SO crazily intense.
I don't know how I'm going to get through these next couple of months until part 2!!