Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Review of Steady Beat, Volume 2 by Rivkah

Steady Beat, Volume 2 by Rivkah
Tokyopop (October 10, 2006)
Age Group: Young Adult
Paperback: 192 pages
Summary: "Steady Beat burns down the closet when family is outed -- old enemies are made into friends and friends into enemies. How do you find a way to keep your feet in the middle and accept people solely for the quality of their character?"
Review: I'm still getting used to the fact that comics, especially volumes, are usually very short. You finish the comic in an hour and you have to read the next one in order to really get to the main part of the story!
This is a continuation of Volume 1 and Leah Winters is trying to uncover the mystery behind her sister's love letter from another girl.
I did like reading more about Eli, a guy Leah meets in the Vol. 1. We learn more about his family and helps Leah accept that her sister might me gay.
(sorry the review is wicked short. don't know what else to say about it)
Graphics: The drawings were good and I definitely like the cover better than the first volume's!
2.5 stars. It was better than the first! There is a 3rd volume out there, but I can't find it anywhere! So, I'm most likely not going to read it.

2 comments:

Monster of Books said...

Hahaha a lot of Tokyo Pop manga is shorter. You should try viz manga, they're a lengthier type. Though there is such a thing as Manga Magazine, where they have 7 manga *1 chapter of each* in the magazine. Comes out once a month.

Bianca said...

OH! I didn't know that! Thank you so much for telling me. I was getting worried that most comics were like that!

Search & Win