Sunday, November 15, 2009

Review of Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (October 13, 2009)
Hardcover: 400 pages
Reading Level: Young Adult
"For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life."

Review: I've wanted to read this book for so long and when I finally received an ARC in the mail, I couldn't wait to start it! From the moment I picked it, I could not put it down. With the way that Becca Fitzpatrick writes, it kept the book moving fast and interesting. This is one of those books that keeps your interest throughout the whole book.

The books starts off with Nora in Biology class sitting next to her best friend Vee, but then the teacher moves everyone to different seats and Nora gets put next to Patch. Right away, Nora realizes that something is off with Patch and she is determine to solve the mystery behind him. What I loved about this book is both characters are, in a sense, stereotypical, but so completely different from all the other books that feature these characteristics of the characters. Nora is the book smarts girl with some home issues and Patch is the perfect example of a 'bad boy.' This book is filled with twists and turns and it kept me intrigued.

If it wasn't for the fact that there is a sequel to this, I'd be asking what exactly happened with Nora's father and what was going to happened to Patch and so many other questions. I am eagerly awaiting the next book in the series!

Rating:
Characters: 9/10pts
Originality: 8/10pts
Ending: 8/10pts
Writing: 10/10pts
Voice: 9/10pts
Plot: 8/10pts
Favorite characters: Nora. I felt that I could relate to her character in the personality. Which is quite ironic, because usually I don't like the type of character, but there's something different about her.
Cover: A+! The cover is one of the things that drew me into the book in the first place! Its freakin' gorgeous!!
Overall: Loved the book! I got the ARC version of this book, but I heard that the ending changed for the Hardcover, so I plan on reading that. CAN NOT WAIT FOR CRESCENDO!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:) Loved Hush Hush too - soo excited there will be more :) Great review! :D

Samantha LeAnne said...

I loved Hush, Hush too! And I am totally excited for the sequel.

And the ending wasn't totally changed, it was like the last page/page and a half. It sets up the sequel a bit better.

Great review!

Search & Win