The basic idea of this challenge is to read books about GLBT topics and/or by GLBT authors. The challenge runs year-round, and there will be three levels of participation:
- Lambda Level: Read 4 books.
- Pink Triangle Level: Read 8 books.
- Rainbow Level: Read 12 or more books.
My goal is to read at least 8 for now, but hopefully I'll get to the Rainbow level. Please leave suggestions for (YA) GLBT books that I could read. I don't know very many. If you know of any GLBT books that are coming out this year, that are also debut books let me know!
3. My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins, and Fenway Park by Steve Kluger
4. David Inside Out by Lee Bantle
Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher
Ash by Malinda Lo
The God Box by Alex Sanchez
Hero by Perry Moore
Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters
Kissing Kate by Lauren Myracle
My Invented Life by Lauren Bjorkman
Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger
Sprout by Dale Peck
I found a really awesome list on goodreads that helped me to choose some books: Best YA Fiction with GLBTQQI theams/characters
Another EXCELLENT LIST!
To sign up for this challenge go HERE.