Friday, July 30, 2010

Book Recommendations Wanted!: Books That Deal With France


Okay. I need help with something. I am asking for Young Adult or Middle Grade books that either take place in France or are French oriented or books by French authors or books that deal with high school foreign exchanges. Only they have to be in English!

Here are some titles that I already have on my list:

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Beautiful Americans by Lucy Silag
Wanderlust by Lucy Silag
Experienced by Lucy Silag
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo

(I've only read The Count of Monte Cristo but I hear that the rest are really good! Anna and the French Kiss is actually one that is a deb2010 book and is on my wishlist!)

Also if you have any ideas French movie (with English Subtitles) please let me know! I already have Amélie, La Vie En Rose...

The reason I ask is because, if my mother agrees, I might get a once in a lifetime experience to study abroad in France for the 2011 Spring semester (late January - mid July). I'll be a junior and would love the opportunity to do this! I've been in French class since high school started and love the French culture and language!

Anyways, money is tight right now and I am planning on doing a lot of fundraising (and hopefully I get a scholarship/financial aid) and one thing that came to mind was to do a contest where one lucky winner would get a box of books and other little things that had a French theme. The only thing I'll be asking is for a donation of at least $1 through pay-pal to be entered. I'll also have another contest where the winner can win Anna and the French Kiss (if I can acquire an ARC of it or maybe I'll do a pre-order contest) or some other French theme book without having to donate any money.

Also, if you have any advice and tips on fundraising ideas or for me to raise money for France please go to the forms below!

Please fill out THIS FORM for book suggestions/fundraising suggestions.....

Please fill out THIS FORM if you want to donate something for this contest.

Thanks!

Fill free to leave the book suggestions and fundraising suggestions as a comment!

2 comments:

Nomes said...

Definitely Nobody's Girl by Sara Manning, which is mostly set in France and they tour all kinds of places there and there's lots of French phrases in it :) It's contemporary and by a UK author. I may be able to think of some more...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2447010.Nobody_s_Girl

Lucy said...

Hi Bianca! Thanks for checking out my books! I lived in Paris for a while as I wrote the Beautiful Americans trilogy, and I have a blog about some of the things I did there at www.lucysilag.com. Check it out and keep in touch if you need travel advice. HAVE AN AMAZING TIME!!!

Lucy

Search & Win