Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mini Challenges for Once Upon A Readathon

Here is where I'll be posting all my mini-challenges for The Once Upon A Readathon! The The Eager Readers challenge for part one was to post our favorite fictional characters. 3 of My Favorite Fictional Couples (in no particular order): Dexter and Remy from This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen Alice and Patrick from The Alice Series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor Lily and James from The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling Part 2 was to post a crossover couple you would love to see. This is hard for me! I don't like crossover characters but rather, I like seeing characters from the same book that aren't together already. Book Crazy challenge said:
We all have a favorite book, right? We all have a favorite character, right?What I want you to do, since I am a lover of all things music and photo related is to pick one - or both- and put them together!!
One of my favorite books is THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER the song that remains me of this book is Blackbird by The Beatles. Yes, this song is also a song that is mentioned in the book.
I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read challenge:
Rules!
~In a comment: 1. Choose a song (sung or instrumental) that represents a chapter that you are currently reading or have read during the read-a-thon thus far. If the book was turned into a movie, and this chapter was shown, what music would you want in the background to convey the emotion or environment.
2. List the book/author/chapter that you choose along with the song(s) you choose.
3. Give a quick synopsis about the chapter (No SPOILERS please!) or the circumstances that take place and why you chose the song to represent it.
1. The song I'm choosing is Schadenfreude from Avenue Q. Yes, the musical! WARNING: If you don't like cussing or crudeness or whatever, don't listen to this song. 2. The chapter I am going to use is from the wicked good book, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau - Banks by E. Lockhart. 3. In order not to give away spoilers I am going to very vaguely explain why I chose this song. In this chapter Frankie Landau - Banks (who is a brilliant character) and another character talk about where they are at and mention that it remains them of the German word, schadenfreude. Happiness at the misfortunes of others (this is actually sung in the song, by the way.)
For Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf challenge she wanted us to write a review of the favorite book we've read so far. I'm planning on writing a review of all the books I read anyway, so I'll just link my reviews back here once I've written them. I didn't read any of my books until last night when I read The Disreputable History. This will probably be my favorite book, because I loved it SO much.

No comments:

Search & Win