Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday 33

Delirium by Lauren Oliver HarperTeen/February 1, 2011
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that one love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy. But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
Why I want this: How cool does this sound? I haven't read anything like this and it's intriguing. Although I still don't have a copy of Before I Fall (which I need to read very soon!) I heard so many good things about Lauren Oliver's writing! And how awesome is that cover?! Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Really adored Before I Fall - I cant wait to get my hands on this one, great pick!

Anonymous said...

This one sounds beyond amazing. I can't wait to read it!

YA Book Queen said...

Totally agree, I'm excited to read this one :)

Search & Win