Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gone by Lisa McMann

Gone by Lisa McMann Publisher: Simon Pulse (February 9, 2010)
Age Group: Young Adult
Hardcover: 224 pages
Summary: "Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her. She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both. Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out...."
Review: This book was only a little more than 200 pages so I was able to read it quickly. I actually wasn't planning on reading it for a couple of weeks but I was eager to read how the series ended!
Gone is the last book in the Wake Trilogy and we get a deeper look inside of Janie's life. She must choose her fate in being a dreamcatcher and throughout the book. Along with her choice, comes her decision about Cabel. There isn't a lot of over the top romance between the two but I really love the couple! In the series, Janie's mother is an alcoholic and I applaud Lisa McMann for including such a serious topic.
Lisa McMann's writing is very unique. When I first got Wake, I was a bit skeptical about it but I really like her style of writing. This series caught my attention because it was about a girl who got sucked into other peoples dreams. I am fascinated with dreams and their meanings so this series is awesome. Although it doesn't get into detail about the meanings, but rather the affects that other peoples dreams have on Janie.
I recommend this to anyone whose interested in dreams or just wants to read a good trilogy. Here are my reviews of WAKE and FADE

Rating:
Characters: 5/6
Originality: 5/6
Ending: 4/6
Writing: 6/6
Voice: 6/6
Plot: 5/6
Favorite character(s): Cabel because throughout the series he's been so sweet!
Cover: A! I have loved all of the covers in the series and I think this is my favorite! I love the green and the black.
Thoughts: I can not wait for whatever Lisa has coming next!! 3.5 Stars

3 comments:

Monster of Books said...

I haven't finished the first one yet, but will soon. But I'm excited to read the series!! Great review!!

Nina said...

It sounds so good. I have read a couple of the reviews for this book and the previous one and they where all positive. I may even try this one.. :)

Maria said...

I've read Wake and Fade and can't wait to read Gone. However, I've heard more negative than positive about the last book.. Anyway, great review :)

Search & Win